This is an on-site position.
Salary Range: $67,000 – $89,000*
This is a unique opportunity to join our development team, reporting to the Director of Development. In this role, you will manage both harbor-related projects and commercial redevelopment activities.
THE IDEAL FIT
You will be successful in this role by demonstrating that you are a self-starter and natural problem solver who can build and maintain key stakeholder relationships.
Primary Harbor Management Responsibilities
- Manage capital improvement projects (harbor and riverfront) that maximize productivity of the Port’s industrial real estate assets, including four public ports
- Manage river tenant relationships, oversee tenant improvements, and coordinate project entitlement processes
Primary Redevelopment Project Responsibilities
- Monitor fulfillment of purchase contract terms, due diligence items, and contingencies, ensuring they are handled in a timely manner
- Recommend strategies to strengthen the Port’s position in contract negotiations and due diligence efforts in governmental and commercial real estate sales transactions
- Review property details and transaction terms to ensure that environmental regulations are met, and environmental liability exposures are minimized or eliminated
- Develop and design new creative approaches to regulations/policies that provide increased flexibility to build and maintain energy efficient, environmentally sustainable, placemaking developments including artistic contributions
- Maintain leading edge knowledge of real estate transactions, development/environmental issues, and accepted remediation strategies
- Prepare project proposals, track budgets and schedules, oversee invoicing, and perform consulting service projects across Minnesota
- Effectively manage terms and conditions for a wide variety of real estate projects, ensuring land is unencumbered and prepared for redevelopment
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, real estate, urban planning, construction, or related field
- 5+ years relative experience leading complex projects and/or property transactions
Please note: We will consider candidates with a comparable combination of experience and education.
Working at the Saint Paul Port Authority
At the Saint Paul Port Authority, we are a small but mighty team. If you’re interested in wearing multiple hats and working for a fast-paced, results-driven organization, this is the place for you. We believe in work-life balance and flexibility. You will be joined by colleagues who are committed to being collaborative, innovative, and risk-taking, while always working with integrity.
The Saint Paul Port Authority offers a best-in-class benefits package focused on supporting the health and wellness of our employees. This includes generous health and retirement plans and paid time off. Parking in downtown Saint Paul is provided.
The Port Authority is committed to building a diverse team that reflects our community. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please be advised that the Saint Paul Port Authority does require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless exempt for health reasons or religious beliefs.
*Salary commensurate with education and experience