The Saint Paul Port Authority has an exciting internship opportunity for an undergraduate college student interested in economic development, real estate development, sustainability, urban planning, brownfield redevelopment, public administration, or some related discipline. This Internship will allow a student to learn about economic development and real estate project management in a quasi-public organization operating at the intersection of the public, private and non-profit sectors.
Interested candidates should send a resume AND cover letter describing reason for interest and key qualifications for the position to PortHR@sppa.com
Essential duties include:
· Administrative support for Port Authority Development projects;
· Routine external scan and sharing of news items relevant to the Port Authority and our project
· Meeting/event preparation including scheduling, registration, travel arrangements; refreshments and meeting room maintenance; and
· General reception duties.
The intern will also have the opportunity to attend some of the community development and project planning meetings they support, and meet key players in City governance the greater St. Paul economic development community.
Screening and interviewing for this position will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
· Working toward a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills
· Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
· Exceptional work ethic, motivation and integrity
· Demonstrated interest in real estate development, economic development, and creating vibrant thriving communities in St. Paul and the surrounding area
Working for the Port Authority
The Port Authority strives to be a premier employer and we are committed to building a workplace environment on the values of respect, collaboration and ingenuity. We offer competitive compensation and parking in downtown Saint Paul.