Posted: April 26, 2019
Saint Paul Port Authority Credit Committee Expansion
The Saint Paul Port Authority is expanding its credit committee and actively recruiting two new members. Each appointment will be for the credit committee only and not the larger board of commissioners. Credit committee members review items of financial importance and make recommendations to the board of commissioners. Items to be reviewed include, but are not limited to, the approval of external loan applications, internal grant applications, land sales, leases, and bond issues.
- Currently reside or work in the city of Saint Paul
- Committed to the long-term economic vitality of the city of Saint Paul and the Saint Paul Port Authority
- Familiar with the work of the Saint Paul Port Authority
- Experience working in the financial sector, with a solid understanding of credit underwriting processes and procedures
- Willingness to serve up to three consecutive one-year terms
Credit Committee Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend Credit Committee meetings at the Saint Paul Port Authority office, scheduled on the third Tuesday of each month at 2:00 p.m.
- The expectation is that committee members attend all meetings or provide at least one week’s notice if unable to fulfill their obligation for any given meeting
- Non-board committee members will receive the same $55.00 stipend as board members for meetings attended
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by June 15, 2019. Interviews will be conducted in late June and early July at the Saint Paul Port Authority offices. The appointment of each Credit Committee member will be confirmed by the Credit Committee and shared with the Board of Commissioners at the respective July 2019 meetings.
Prior to the August 2019 Credit Committee meeting, new Credit Committee members will attend a joint onboarding session at the Saint Paul Port Authority office. During this session, each member of the SPPA senior leadership team will share a high-level overview of their departments’ responsibilities, with added emphasis on areas impacted by the Credit Committee. Staff members responsible for MinnPACE and TrillionBTU programs will also be involved.
To learn more about the Saint Paul Port Authority, visit our website at www.sppa.com.