This job posting has expired.View Current Jobs
The driver is responsible for loading/unloading and delivering/receiving product between the two Vomela production facilities in a timely and courteous manner. The driver will perform related work as well, including pick up and delivering packages and interoffice mail to the appropriate staff personal.
Driver interacts with other Shipping and Receiving personal, Supervisors, Managers, Sales staff, CSRs, etc., as needed. Driver will operate a single axle, 26-foot box truck. Use of a forklift, a hand truck, a pallet jack and other items as necessary are required to fulfill job duties. Prior experience on a sit-down forklift preferred.
- Perform daily Driver Vehicle Inspection report prior to operating truck.
- Operate Vomela’s truck for all required pickups and deliveries.
- Maintain reasonable timeliness of pickups and deliveries.
- Maintain quality and accuracy of pickups and deliveries.
- Maintain a professional and courteous attitude towards all customers, vendors and employees of Vomela Specialty Co.
- Load deliveries into truck according to delivery schedules and location using forklift, hand truck or by hand as appropriate.
- Maintain and monitor truck maintenance and appearance.
- Maintain cleanliness of shipping/ receiving docks as required.
- Aid in loading and unloading trucks in dock area. Forklift Certifications are required.
- Aid in other material handling responsibilities as required.
- Perform general cleaning functions as required.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
- Perform other similar duties as required by Supervisor/Manager.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Ability to safely operate a box truck motor vehicle.
- Maintain and provide proof of a valid driver’s license, Class “D” or higher.
- Maintain and provide proof of insurance.
- Review, sign and date form on Vomela’s Driving Policy for Company Vehicles.
- Review, sign and date form for Vomela’s Vehicle Use Agreement and Consent to obtain Driving Record(s).
- Acceptable driving record, which will be considered by Vomela’s insurance carrier for eligibility to drive a Vomela vehicle.
- Able to operate dock lifts/levelers.
- Ability to operate forklift and pallet jack.
- Classroom training and hands-on training & observation on a sit-down forklift to satisfy Vomela’s policy on forklift operation.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with customers and employees.
- Speak and read English sufficiently.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Follow all safety procedures and policies.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.