HealthEast Medical Transportation has been successfully meeting the needs of our community for more than 134 years. We support our community by providing more than 30,000 calls annually. Our ambulance teams are staffed by some of the most experienced paramedics and EMTs in the region, helping to make HealthEast Medical Transportation a leader in Minnesota for emergency and non-emergency ambulance service.
In the EMT role, you will provides BLS transport care to patients during inter-facility transfers and 911 calls as necessary. This is a full time benefit eligiable postion working all shifts.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations and policies, procedures and standards.
- Provides BLS transport care to patients during interfaculty transfers and 911 calls as necessary.
- Assists ALS staff in emergent and non-emergent responses as deemed necessary.
- Transports patients safely according to clinical and operational guidelines.
- Documents patient information in EHR and/or other electronic system in accordance with program standards, department policies/procedures.
- Safely and efficiently transfers care of patients to other care providers in appropriate setting (LTC, Hospital etc)
- Remains in good standing with the HEMT office of the Medical Director.
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Emergency Med Tech Basic (EMT-B) from MN Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board.
Nationally Registered Emergency Med Tech (NREMT-B) from National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians
- Valid drivers license and DMV record that meet the HealthEast insurability requirements
- Ability to safely lift, pull, push and carry a minimum of 150 pounds
- Experience working as a EMT