St. Paul, MN
This job posting has expired.View Current Jobs
Gerdau is the leading company in the production of long steel in the Americas and one of the major suppliers of specialty long steel in the world. With more than 45,000 employees, Gerdau has an installed capacity of more than 25 million metric tons of steel and it is the largest recycler in Latin America, and around the world, it transforms millions of metric tons of scrap into steel every year.
Gerdau Long Steel North America is a leader in mini-mill steel production and steel recycling in North America, with an annual manufacturing capacity of approximately 10 million metric tons of mill finished steel products. Through a vertically integrated network of mini-mills, scrap recycling facilities and downstream operations, the company serves customers throughout the U.S. and Canada, offering a diverse and balanced product mix of merchant steel, rebar, structural shapes, fabricated steel, flat rolled steel and wire rod.
Gerdau Special Steel North America is an engineered bar producer headquartered in Jackson, Michigan with world-class steel manufacturing mills in Jackson, Michigan, Monroe Michigan, and Fort Smith, Arkansas, and metal processing facilities in Huntington, Indiana, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, Lansing, Michigan, Canton, Ohio, and North Vernon, Indiana.
With engineered steel bar producing capabilities in North America, Europe, Brazil, and soon to be India, the Gerdau Special Steel group is the largest supplier of SBQ engineered steel bars to the global automotive and heavy truck industries.
The primary function of a Gerdau Electrician is to install, repair, construct, adjust, modify and service all types of electrical and electric equipment. The Candidate should have experience working with wiring diagrams, electrical and electronic tools, gauges, calibrating and testing equipment, hand tools, drill press, grinder bench lathe, electric drills, power hack saw, wire stripper, pipe threading machine, acetylene torch, soldering iron, safety devices, walkie-talkie, etc. The Candidate should be familiar with AC and DC motors and generators, transformers, rectifiers, electronic controls and regulators, various mill and production equipment, electronic computing and control systems, data recording and processing equipment, control circuits electronic gauges and detectors, industrial TV communication equipment, enunciators, time clocks, transistors, digital electronics, transducers, wire, cable, conduit, fittings, etc.
- Read wiring diagrams, drawings, specifications and instructions covering the scheduled and emergency repair, installation and inspection work to be done.
- Analyze all types of circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings as required to install, repair, adjust, calibrate, construct, modify, or service all types of electrical and electronic devices, and systems, including communication systems, various mill and production equipment electronic computing and control systems, power and distribution control equipment, measuring, recording processing and control devises, indicating devices and gauges etc.
- May plan details of working procedures to determine material or replacement needs and select a logical approach to “trouble-shooting” and repair problems. Answer trouble calls.
- Makes sketches of parts and lay-outs
- Assembles, inspects, adjusts, repairs or replaces faulty parts and wiring on all types of electronic devices. Makes mechanical and electrical repairs as required in connection with the servicing of electrical and electronic equipment.
- Inspects, dismantles, services, reassembles, tests, and adjusts equipment for safe and proper operation.
- Performs all other plant electrical maintenance as required. Along with being a Mechanical helper as needed.
- HS Diploma/GED required or Associates degree preferred
- Current Electrician License Required
- At least 2 years of related work experience as described in the job description above.
- Programmable Logic Center (PLC) experience is a plus
- Must be able to work 8 hour rotating shifts
- Must follow all safety requirements
- Working at heights of 100 feet or more
- Medical and Prescription
- Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
- Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Health Advocate Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org