This job posting has expired.View Current Jobs
The Maintenance Mechanic is primarily responsible for installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of production and facility equipment, performed following appropriate safety and productive maintenance systems and processes, in order to support the achievement of Pier Foundry’s business goals.
Additional responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Perform highly diversified scheduled preventive maintenance tasks necessary for the continued safe operation of production machines and foundry equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment to return to safe operation.
- Perform scheduled maintenance of production equipment during regular service intervals and semi-annual shutdowns.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Display in-depth knowledge of basic maintenance skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
The qualifications we are seeking for this position are as follows:
- Requires a high school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience; An AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance preferred.
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some HVAC experience, induction furnace experience is preferred.
- Prior experience successfully working with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- This position involves regular bending and lifting; continuous standing for long periods of time; pushing, pulling, and carrying of heavy parts and machines. Candidates must be able to lift 50 lbs. frequently and 0-30 lbs continuously.
All offers of employment are contingent upon passing drug test, respirator test and background check.
It has been and continues to be the policy of Pier Foundry to provide equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) to applicants and employees without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, status as a disabled, recently separated, Armed Forces service medal or other protected veteran (“covered veterans”), marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Indeed Hire and Pier Foundry & Pattern Shop, Inc are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $30.00 /hour
- working with ISO 9001 requirements: 1 year (Preferred)
- Welding / Fabrication: 1 year (Preferred)
- manufacturing: 4 years (Required)
- Troubleshooting: 1 year (Preferred)
- mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Installation: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Saint Paul, MN: Between 31 and 40 miles (Required)