This job posting has expired.View Current Jobs
Pier Foundry & Pattern Shop, Inc. is an industry leader in the manufacturing of grey and ductile iron castings. With over 120 years of experience and tradition, Pier Foundry delivers high-quality castings with the shortest lead times in the business.
As a growing business, we are always looking to add the best talent into our organization. Pier Foundry is currently seeking to fill the role of Maintenance Mechanic with a committed, hardworking and reliable individual to work in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment. Salary is dependent on experience.
The Maintenance Mechanic is primarily responsible for installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of production and facility equipment, performed following appropriate safety and productive maintenance systems and processes, in order to support the achievement of Pier Foundry’s business goals.
- Friday- Sunday 6:00AM – 6:00PM
- Perform highly diversified scheduled preventive maintenance tasks necessary for the continued safe operation of production machines and foundry equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment to return to safe operation.
- Perform scheduled maintenance of production equipment during regular service intervals and semi-annual shutdowns.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Display in-depth knowledge of basic maintenance skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service. Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience
- Or an AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance preferred.
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some HVAC experience, induction furnace experience is preferred.
- Prior experience successfully working with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- This position involves regular bending and lifting; continuous standing for long periods of time; pushing, pulling, and carrying of heavy parts and machines.
- Candidates must be able to lift 50 lbs. frequently and 0-30 lbs continuously. Interested applicants, please email resume!
- Willing and able to undergo a background check and drug testing in accordance with local law enforcement.
- Competitive Wages
- Excellent Benefit Package
- Motivated Team Environment
- Opportunity for Growth
- Medical Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Options
Indeed Hire and Pier Foundry & Pattern Shop, Inc are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- manufacturing: 4 years (Required)
- working with ISO 9001 requirements: 1 year (Preferred)
- Welding / Fabrication: 1 year (Preferred)
- Installation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Troubleshooting: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Saint Paul, MN: Between 31 and 40 miles (Required)