1256 Phalen Blvd. St. Paul, MN 55106
This job posting has expired.View Current Jobs
Applies electrical theory and related mechanical knowledge to troubleshoot and maintain machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry in plant. Assembles and tests motor-control devices, switch panels, transformers, PLC’s, solenoids, and other electrical/mechanical equipment and components according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical/mechanical principles. This position will interface with manufacturing and building systems.
Essential Job Functions (required duties and responsibilities):
- Modifies electrical components to correct functional deviations under the direction of Electrical Engineer or Chief Engineer.
- Diagnoses cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Develops wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and engineering specifications for system or equipment modifications or expansions.
- Directs personnel performing routine installation and maintenance duties.
- Plans, directs, and records periodic electrical testing, and recommends or initiates modifications or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards.
- Other duties may be assigned as business necessitates.
- Abide by and insure plant personnel are following all GMPs, Personal Safety, Food Safety, HACCP, and SQF Rules. Adheres to the Baldinger Code of Conduct.
- Role model behaviors that display teamwork, respect, professionalism and that also reflect the Vision and Mission of Baldinger Bakery.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn as part of the organization’s continuous improvement process.
- Works in a safe manner and promptly reports hazards identified in the work environment.
Education and Experience/Knowledge Requirements
- Experience with automation applications in an industrial manufacturing setting.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent, with a minimum of one of the following:
- An Associate Degree in a related maintenance field with 3 or more years of experience in a food plant maintenance department or related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years industrial automation maintenance experience (preferably in a food production facility).
- Proficient mechanical & electrical skills are required, in addition to basic mathematical skills.
- Blueprint reading skills, knowledge of the NEC 70 (National Electric Code), and knowledge of OSHA CFR 1910.217 is required.
- Experience with various measuring instruments, multimeters, amp probes, thermocouples, torque wrenches, micrometers is required.
- In-depth knowledge and practical application experience in electrical, electronics, PLCs, cutting/welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, and conveyor systems is required.
- Strong knowledge of Preventative Maintenance procedures is required.
- Required computer skills include, but are not limited to: Data entry into the computerized maintenance management system and use of PLC programming tools. Experience with RS Logix5000 and Rockwell Software Factory Talk View is a plus.
- Able to stand for up to 12 hours, while working with and around machinery.
- Able to stoop, bend and crouch on a regular basis.
- Able to lift 60 pounds once per hour and 10 to 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Able to push and/or pull wheeled carts of 100 to 500 pounds on a regular basis.
- Able to raise arms overhead repeatedly while lifting 30 pounds.
- Able to sweep, mop, and do general, as well as detailed, cleaning.
- Able to climb ladders.
Essential position functions and education and experience are representative of the minimum levels of education, experience and knowledge required to perform the vital duties of this position. The position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Baldinger Bakery reserves the right to revise or change essential position functions and/or required duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.