Saint Paul Apply Now
This is an Operations position responsible for safely and accurately selecting customer orders for loading.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer skills.
- Complete pre- and post- trip inspections on equipement.
- Operates electric pallet jack, which requires moving levers, and steering handle to drive truck and control movement equipment in the cooler, freezer, and dry spaces.
- Performs selection process by using scanner to scan product location, selects and labels correct case, and builds a secure pallet. Proceed through warehouse until all items on order are selected.
- Maintains a clean work environment by performing duties of sweeping, ice removal, scrubbing with rags and brushes, and removing trash as required.
- Cleans up aisles and pick up leftover pallets at the end of the shift. Seeks clean up tasks from Supervisor.
- May be required to assist wrapping pallets and loading onto truck.
- Less than high school education.
- Pallet Jack Certification from Sysco.
- Previous warehouse distribution experience is preferred.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 -80 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to handle up to 80 lbs.