777 Forest Street
St Paul MN 55106 Apply Now
Position Summary: Responsible for the management of the Parish Accounting Service Center (PASC) team and the day to day financial processes. To ensure Internal Controls are maintained at all times. To assist in coordination of the on-boarding processes of new parish clients. Responsible for the review and timely publication of client parish financial statements for Parish/School leadership. To work with the PASC staff on the Client annual budget processes, audit fieldwork, Annual Parish Financial Report (APFR).
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Manage the daily financial operations of the PASC team, i.e. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger and Payroll management activities, in order to ensure accurate and reliable financial reporting, planning, budgeting, internal controls and fulfillment of regulatory and archdiocesan mandates.
- Review all AP checks for the proper signature, backup and account coding. Approve the AP checks by assuring that the checks printed were the ones selected by the client.
- Review monthly financial reporting to client parishes in order to assist in the accurate and reliable financial reporting, planning, budgeting, and internal controls.
- Complete the monthly billing of PASC services, the department budget for the fiscal year, and review the monthly department financials for accuracy and compliance.
- Manage and oversee the onboarding of all new clients and build a relationship with the Pastors of all PASC clients by scheduling yearly meetings.
- Miscellaneous duties and others assigned by the Director of Financial Standards and Parish Accounting
Scope of Responsibilities:
Financial Reporting Systems:
- To manage month end closing activities and oversee the production of financial statements for client Parishes, to ensure timely and accurate reporting to stakeholders.
- To review the client Parishes revenue and expense statements for variances to budget.
- Application of centralized chart of accounts to client Parishes, which will identify the nature of expenses to their proper area and to make appropriate changes as needed.
- Manage streamlining of data processing support and procedures required during month end reporting process.
- Oversee implementation of new annual budgets into client Parishes.
- Implement approved budget into financial reporting processes.
- Communicate effectively when resolving PASC concerns regarding cash management issues with client parishes.
- Ensure approved internal controls are in place for paperwork handling, review and documentation.
- Implements established best practices for PASC. Draw from the client Parish objectives approved during the budgeting process and how they relate to daily operations. Must have a strong knowledge of Internal Controls and the ability to enforce those processes.
- Review client Parish expenditures (check requisitions / invoices) for correct allocation of expenses to their proper areas, appropriateness of the expense, proper documentation of the expenses, approved budgetary reserves and appropriate approvals by an authorized person and sales tax exemption status for invoices monthly.
- Implements established best practice for client Parish for Sunday Collection, fees and other misc. cash receipts. Communicate effectively when resolving problems with client Parish staff, banking institutions and potentially Electronic Banking provider.
- Manage and review the recording of journal entries for tuition collected through outsourced provider.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Present and be ready to work at designated place and time
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals
- Thorough knowledge of automated accounting, payroll, database and spreadsheet software in a PC Network Environment
- Knowledge of Internal Review Service regulations related to payroll, payroll taxes, exempt cafeteria plans, 403(b) pension plans
Job Qualifications: (Education and Experience):
- Four years BA/BS degree in Business Administration/Accounting
- Five or more years of progressive financial, managerial, supervisory experience
- Mental Effort: Good mental and organizational capabilities
- Physical ability to perform the essential positions of the job, as defined.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and 3 letters of professional reference to Mary Jo Jungwirth, Director of Financial Standards and Parish Accounting by May 10, 2021.