This job posting has expired.View Current Jobs
Pier Foundry & Pattern Shop, Inc. in St. Paul, MN is seeking a committed, hardworking and reliable individual to fill our Production Supervisor position in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment.
- Competitive Wages
- Excellent Benefit Package
- Motivated Team Environment
- Opportunity for Growth
This position supervises the entire facility on 2nd shift to achieve agreed-upon performance levels with respect to job safety, quality, production, cost, housekeeping, and delivery. Ensure multiple layers of highly cross-trained employees are always maintained and perform all duties within the departments as required.
- Responsible for the organization of work for the smooth operation of Mold, Melt and Clean departments through coordinating activities including
- Enforce procedures/practices to ensure a high level of consistency
- Oversee and ensure department cleanliness
- Maintain required output, molds/ladles, by line
- Train personnel for safe and efficient operations and maintain a high level of cross-training in all key functions of the shift.
- Manage workflow in the department to meet the production requirements as needed and support the production requirements of the entire process to ensure on-time deliveries to our customers.
- Monitor all departments’ performance for production, quality and safety standards. Immediately address issues as identified, or refer to Operations Manager, when appropriate, for resolution.
- Provide direction and leadership to department employees including immediate and consistent feedback on performance issues including job performance, attendance, safety violations, conduct on the job, etc. Record all performance related issues. Conduct discipline meetings on performance issues and involve Operations Manager and HR as needed.
- Continuously monitor the performance of employees and conduct annual performance reviews. Recognize employees for exemplary performance and support development activities for employees needing improvement.
- Operate forklift in mold & melt departments as needed, and provide breaks to employees as needed.
- Fill in for absent employees as required to keep the shift operating at maximum efficiency.
- Submit timely Maintenance work orders for items in need of repair.
- Complete timely housekeeping audits.
- Complete all required documentation such as time approval, month-end inventory, labor reports and reviews in a timely fashion.
- Re-line ladles as needed on occasion.
- Assure that all production tests are being completed and recorded with a high level of accuracy as required by our quality requirements.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of “hands-on” production supervisory experience in a heavy industrial environment.
- Foundry mold and melt experience preferred.
- Prior experience successfully working with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Knowledge of and experience with spreadsheets and Microsoft Office Products.
- This position involves regular: bending and lifting; continuous standing for long periods of time on concrete surfaces; pushing, pulling, and carrying of heavy parts and machines repetitively, must be able to use arms, hands, legs, and feet in repetitive motions.
Conditions of Employment
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment respiratory use exam, drug screen, and background check.
- Pier Foundry & Pattern Shop, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
It has been and continues to be the policy of Pier Foundry to provide equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) to applicants and employees without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, status as a disabled, recently separated, Armed Forces service medal or other protected veteran (“covered veterans”), marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Indeed Hire and Pier Foundry & Pattern Shop, Inc. are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- working with ISO 9001 requirements: 1 year (Required)
- production supervisory: 1 year (Required)
- Heavy Industrial/Manufacturing : 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Saint Paul, MN: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)