Saint Paul, MN
This job posting has expired.View Current Jobs
Immediate Opening – 2nd Shift Monday through Friday from 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM, plus overtime
The Production Supervisor provides direction to NonVinyl department production employees for day-to-day production. Supervises, motivates, and supports employees, applying a team approach and maintaining open communication. The Production Supervisor plans work, schedules, coordinates business strategies and oversees all production activities.
As the Production Supervisor, you are accountable for meeting the department production and quality goals, as well as playing a key role in meeting the company-wide profitability and customer satisfaction goals.
• Receives implements and helps create production schedules. Makes work assignments to all department personnel to most effectively utilize their experience, training and ability: and monitors their progress.
• Coordinates daily operations performed by production employees in the Non-Vinyl department to ensure that work performed meets standards of quality and quantity established by the Company.
• Makes recommendations regarding the Continuous Improvement Process and independently initiates approved improvements within the department.
• Identifies training needs. Provides training for employees and works with employees in developing a high level of skill and job proficiency.
• Ensures work is completed in a timely and efficient manner, which may include working overtime as needed to complete jobs or ensure a smooth shift transition.
• Has the flexibility to work at whatever operations need help during the shift to complete the jobs of importance.
• Diagnoses problems detracting from the efficient operation of the department and takes prompt corrective action to resolve such problems.
• Takes action to insure the proper maintenance of equipment essential to the operation of the department.
• Responds to questions and complaints of department employees and maintains good communications and morale within the department and with other departments.
• Maintains vigilance in all areas of responsibility to insure safe operating procedures and compliance with all company and OSHA safety regulations.
• Communicates company policies in company meetings and supports executive decisions to all department employees.
• Performs disciplinary action as required to support company policies.
• Keeps the Department Manager and Vice President of Manufacturing apprised of all matters affecting the morale of department or company employees.
• Identifies materials required for department operations, and writes purchase requisitions, authorizes purchase of required materials and supplies within authorized limits.
• Makes sure first article inspections and all in process ISO 9001 procedures are followed and completed for all tasks.
• May perform reasonably similar or related duties as assigned. Critical Skills & Experience
• Knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques
• Knowledge of raw materials
• Managing quality systems and standards
• Experience managing safety standards and compliance
• Ability to execute process improvement techniques
• Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
• Knowledge and experience of machines and tools
• Solid computer skills
We have over 16 benefits available from The Vomela Companies, some of them include:
Any employee who works at least 30 hours per week will be eligible to receive seven company provided benefits, may choose up to nine elected benefits, and have access to other fringe benefits such as discounts for select cellular phone providers and tuition reimbursement assistance.
Company Provided Benefits
Basic Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability (LTD), accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Emergency Travel Assistance, Identity Theft Protection and *Paid Holidays.
• 64 hours of holiday pay per year after 90 days of service
Health Benefit Plans*, Health Savings Accounts (HSA)*, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)*, Dental, Vision*, Voluntary Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability (STD), Commuter Benefits* and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan. • Pre-Tax benefits
Pay will be based on experience.
Key Position Details are:
• Supervisory experience in manufacturing environment
• Skilled in Microsoft Office products
• Knowledge of printing and finishing a plus
The Vomela Companies and all affiliate companies are an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture