HealthEast Medical Transportation, a leader in emergency medical services (EMS) and scheduled medical transportation for over 130 years. The Twin Cities trusts us for wheelchair transport as well as and basic, advanced and critical care life support transportation.
We handle more than 40,000 calls annually. Our state-of-the-art communications center is the first point of entry for all emergency and non-emergency calls. When seconds count, dispatchers quickly determine the closest available EMS unit. Using Global Positioning System (GPS) technology, ambulances are tracked by location.
Our ambulance teams are staffed by some of the most experienced paramedics and emergency medical technicians (EMTs) in the region, helping to make us a leader in Minnesota for emergency and non-emergency ambulance service.
The Scheduling and Education Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of the scheduling and reporting system at Medical Transportation. Will coordinate and supervise community events for Medical Transportation that supports strong recruitment opportunities and community presence. Will assure effective planning and scheduling of educational and developmental opportunities for HEMT personnel and area education institutions. Will supervise education staff members and ensure that the allotted budget is maintained.
- Independently manages scheduling and reporting software to ensure all users have appropriate access and all information maintained in the database is up to date and correct. Develops and coordinates schedules for all areas of HEMT using approved scheduling software (ePro).
- Creates, develops, and maintains new employee profiles, usernames, and passwords for approved scheduling and reporting software.
- Ensures all HEMT staff are properly trained and can demonstrate competence in the use of the scheduling and reporting software, including training all new hires.
- Frequently monitors daily staffing levels, communicates and coordinates with department leaders and makes appropriate modifications to daily schedule to assure most effective deployment of resources to meet service commitments.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing staffing and deployment plan improvements.
- Attends Bi-monthly position control meetings to ensure accurate FTE counts, credentialing, and employee placement.
- Assist Operations Management staff with the development and implementation of scheduling policies. Reports problems / issues regarding overtime and absenteeism trends.
- Coordinates with HEMT Operations Supervisors and Manager to establish daily schedule to ensure resources are consistent with fluctuating run volumes.
- Provides daily staffing communication to appropriate personnel. Coordinates attendance tracking and management with the support of operational leadership.
- Autonomously creates, develops, and maintains labor, staffing, and compliance reports.
- Provide daily scheduling reports for operational decision making.
- Maintain monthly casual employee list to ensure shift compliance.
- Tracks, monitors, and maintains FMLA, Workers Compensation, Leave of Absence, and Military Deployment orders for staffing needs.
- Maintains credentials for HEMT staff in scheduling software (epro/ecor) and ensures compliance of those working on a regular basis. Works to ensure proper notification of those approaching expiration is sent to leadership as well as employees.
- Ensures any expired certification is managed appropriately and employees are removed from schedules as needed, working with leadership to validate.
- Coordinates community events for HealthEast Medical Transportation to include planning, payment, scheduling, and staffing.
- Coordinates with HealthEast Medical Transportations education partners including, but not limited to: Inver Hills College, Century College, Allied Medical Training, CVTC and HEMT EMS Academy for the scheduling of EMT, Paramedic, and First Responder clinical precepting schedules.
- Will work with Partner students to schedule clinical shifts with HEMT preceptors and trainers as well as manage the appropriate FISDAP logs required by each partner school. Will be responsible for all student schedules as well as coordinating ancillary departmental ride-alongs to ensure both waiver compliance and availability.
- Coordinate New Hire Orientation schedules with FTO Supervisor to ensure appropriate training and credentialing process. Assists with shift bid planning to ensure proper placement of resources based on current FTE counts and business needs.
- Builds new shift template into approved scheduling software (ePro) at the completion of shift bid. Maintains appropriate staffing including authorization of vacation, overtime, and mandatory overtime.
- Timecard Management: Enters time adjustments daily. Ensures time entries are complete; contacts staff as appropriate. Monitors and tracks all adjustments; watches for trends and consults with leadership and makes recommendations as needed. Ensures that timecards in scheduling system and payroll system match and are correct.
- Data entry and tracking: Enters employee information into HEMT Database. Daily data entry of Daily/Monthly Checklists, OT Forms and Sick/Late Reports.
- Assists Operations division administrative duties. Attends operations meetings as appropriate and necessary. Supervises the day to day activities of the education, quality and safety department employees. Works in conjunction with the Office of the Medical Director (at HEMT) to ensure the content of all education programs meets HEMT expectations. Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
Organization Expectations, as applicable:
- Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences of population served
- Partners with patient care giver in care/decision making.
- Communicates in a respective manner.
- Ensures a safe, secure environment.
- Individualizes plan of care to meet patient needs.
- Modifies clinical interventions based on population served.
- Provides patient education based on as assessment of learning needs of patient/care giver.
- Fulfills all organizational requirements
- Completes all required learning relevant to the role
- Complies with and maintains knowledge of all relevant laws, regulation, policies, procedures and standards.
- Fosters a culture of improvement, efficiency and innovative thinking.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education post-high school in a related field or the combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a medical transportation or ambulance environment; previous experience with transportation scheduling software.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office software. Experience working with all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Experience with credential monitoring and management in a medical transportation environment
- Bachelor’s Degeree in business related field
- Scheduling Software training, community outreach; an understanding of required credentials for all roles within Medical Transportation.